Brand Navigator offers a flexible solution for the scope and focus of each engagement – from a larger branding project to lean insights with basic features only. In each case, the unique combination of McKinsey expertise, proven methodology, and proprietary interactive platform is customized to meet the specific needs of the industry, company, and categories.
After the engagement, the platform can be used to do complementary analyses, to do deep dives on subsamples or to update data over time (with ad hoc expert support) to ensure ongoing success.
Working with Brand Navigator is designed to be a structured journey from data to strategy
1) Analyze a brand's performance in the purchasing process by
- Comparing brand performance against competitors.
- Evaluating and prioritizing performance/loyalty gaps.
- Identifying brand growth potential.
All these analyses can be done interactively on any number of deep dives. These can be per product segment (premium, mainstream, value), per country, per consumer segment (sociodemographics, attitudinal segmentation) or any combination of the above, as long as sample size remains sufficient.
2) Develop appropriate strategic options to stimulate brand growth based on statistical analysis of brand drivers by:
- Identifying the most relevant attributes and brand benefits for increasing consumer purchases and loyalty.
- Plotting the brand’s association with these attributes, compared against competitors, and using different analytical frameworks to help identify effective differentiators.
3) Determine the most appropriate touchpoints to communicate these differentiation factors to the right audience by:
- Identifying the touchpoints (media or non-media) that resonate best with a target segment and a specific message.
- Combining the findings on this touchpoint analysis and on the brand drivers to develop impactful and detailed plans for brand growth at global or local level.
Brand Navigator gives brand teams the deeper, more distinctive, and more actionable insights that are needed to craft and execute a winning brand strategy.